It’s a tempting idea, and one that’s been bubbling for some time. The recent outperformance of tech stocks relative to the broad equity market has helped fuel the notion that this sector deserves to be treated differently.
* Senate Dems may pass Biden’s relief package without GOP support
* Today’s ADP estimate of US payrolls for Jan expected to post slight gain
* Jeff Bezos will step down as Amazon CEO
* Eurozone consumer inflation rebounded much more than expected in January
* Europe’s economy continued to contract in January amid weak services sector
* China’s services sector growth slowed in January amid coronavirus resurgence
* US crude oil (West Texas Intermediate) rises to nearly $55 a barrel, a 1-year high: