The rout in China equities accelerated in recent weeks amid Beijing’s increasingly aggressive regulatory crackdown on its domestic businesses. The market bounced in Thursday’s trading session (July 29) after diving earlier in the week, but on a year-to-date basis a deep shade of red ink prevails for the country’s stock market.
* Senate advances infrastructure bill with support of 17 Republicans
* Federal Reserve says economic recovery continues ‘making progress’
* China tries to calm fears on Wall Street after regulatory crackdown
* Eurozone economic confidence jumps to a record high in July
* Inflation has become a political weapon in Washington
* US gasoline price ticks up, close to seven-year high: