- Small-cap stocks and commodities continue to outperform
- All our strategy benchmarks take a hit
Small-cap stocks and commodities rallied this week: Otherwise, it was a bust for our world-spanning global ETF opportunity set for the trading week through Friday, Oct. 1. For details on all the strategies and metrics in the tables, see this summary.
continue reading at The ETF Portfolio Strategist
Global markets suffered their broadest retreat in a year during September. The bullish exception: commodities, which delivered a solid gain last month. Cash, as usual these days, was flat. Otherwise, red ink dominated performances for the major asset classes last month.
* House Speaker Pelosi delays vote on infrastructure spending
* Biden signs bill that averts a government shutdown
* Fed’s Powell sees “difficult trade-off” for policy if inflation doesn’t moderate
* North Korea continues missile test-firings
* Eurozone inflation surged to 13-year high in September
* US GDP growth revised up slightly for second quarter
* Chicago PMI dipped to 7-month low in September
* US jobless claims continued rising last week, reaching highest since early August: