As oil and gas prices soar, energy shares are back on top for year-to-date performance for US equity sectors through Sep. 27, based on a set of exchange traded funds.
* Senate Republicans block legislation to avoid government shutdown
* Will Dems drop fight on debt limit to avoid government shutdown?
* Treasury and Fed heads set to warn that Delta variant slowing economy
* Europe’s energy crisis is warning for US, says gas trader
* US bank mergers expected to reach highest level since 2008
* Power outages in China create challenges for factories
* US durable-goods orders rose sharply in August
* Brent crude oil (international benchmark) tops $80 a barrel–highest since 2018: