Would you know an outlier if you saw one? They’re everywhere and easy to spot, or so one can argue. But casual observation is one thing and shouldn’t be confused with robust statistical definitions.
* Biden’s billionaire tax runs into criticism as too cumbersome
* Markets increasingly pricing in risk that inflation isn’t transitory
* Blackstone’s Schwarzman says energy shortages could cause social unrest.
* Ark Invest’s Cathy Wood says falling money velocity will keep inflation in check
* Apple’s new privacy rules take a bite out of Facebook’s ad growth
* Tesla’s market cap reaches $1 trillion as Hertz orders 100,000 Teslas
* Dallas Fed Mfg Index: sector growth slows in October as “costs soar”
* US economic growth continued to slow in September via Chicago Fed index: