The estimated risk premium for the Global Market Index (GMI) continues to ease. The revised long-term outlook projects an annualized return of 4.9%. Echoing previous updates in recent history, today’s estimate reaffirms the case for managing expectations down for globally diversified multi-asset-class portfolios relative to realized returns in previous years.
* UK Prime Minister Johnson’s leadership is hanging by a thread
* Demand for US workers still robust, according to private-sector estimates
* New covid outbreaks in China put millions under lockdown In China
* Will today’s release of Fed minutes support another 75-basis-point rate hike?
* US dollar’s international status remains unchallenged, Fed study finds
* Chinese automaker BYD overtakes Tesla world’s largest electric vehicle seller
* Oil fell below $100 on Tuesday for first time in almost two months
* US factory orders rose more than expected in May: