Market sentiment is turning cautious as several risk factors come into focus for the fourth quarter, but for the moment the lofty year-to-date performance premium for US shares relative to the rest of the major asset classes endures.
* Congress has one week left to avoid a government shutdown
* US economy set to weather four shocks in fourth quarter
* Oil prices rise amid tight supplies
* 3 reasons why bond yields keep rising
* US faces labor shortage for years to come
* Why isn’t interest expense a component in the Consumer Price Index?
* NY Fed’s Weekly Economic Index rises to 1-year high, but…
* US economic activity continues to stagnate in September via PMI survey data: