A review of market trends in early September suggested that the recent correction didn’t trigger a clear risk-off signal. Two months later, not much has changed, based on several ETF pairs that are proxies for various aspects of market sentiment via prices through yesterday’s close (Nov. 8). Markets are churning as various threats raise questions about the path ahead, but for the moment it’s still not obvious that investors are throwing in the towel on risk assets.
* US airstrike on site in Syria
* US and China finance ministers lay groundwork for Biden-Xi meeting
* China consumer prices fell in October, highlighting risk of deflation
* Will falling Treasury yields keep the Fed hawkish?
* US mortgage rates post biggest one-week drop in over a year
* US crude oil price continues to fall, trading at lowest since July: