Financial “wisdom” is said to be cyclical rather than cumulative, but that’s unfair. At least in the dominion of portfolio management and design, academics and money managers have made great strides in decoding Mr. Market’s cryptic signals over the past half century. The challenge, having led the proverbial horse to water, is making him drink.
* Fed official suggests central bank is done with rate hikes
* Global economy will slow in 2024, OECD predicts
* US car dealers say consumer demand for electric vehicles is weak
* Amazon announces new AI chatbot for businesses
* US home prices rise to a new record high in September
* US consumer confidence rebounds in November after 3 monthly declines
* US 10-year Treasury yield falls to two-month low on Tuesday: