* OpenAI’s Sam Altman seeks to raise trillions of dollars to reshape chip industry
* China’s real estate crisis is starting to spill across borders
* Economists debate outlook for China’s economy
* Emerging markets have been surprisingly resilient despite rising interest rates
* Nuclear fusion project achieves world record in generating energy
* US jobless claims remain near lowest level in decades:
Japan’s stock market closes at 34-year high, close to a record. “The Nikkei 225 stock index surged through the 37,000-point line for the first time in 34 years on Friday, setting the widely watched Japanese benchmark on track to surpass the all-time high set in December 1989,” reports Financial Times.