Last week’s selling wave pushed most of the major asset classes into the red for the five trading days through Jan. 15, based on a set of proxy ETFs. For the one-year trailing period, everything has lost ground. Negative momentum, in other words, is in high gear.
● US retail sales end 2015 on weak note | USA Today
● US Dec industrial output slumps for 3rd straight month | Reuters
● US Consumer Sentiment Continues To Improve In Jan | RTT
● Q4 growth outlook for US revised down to a weak 0.6% | Atlanta Fed
● Rate rise calls evaporate as markets plunge; mumurs of Fed reversal | Reuters
● Brent Falls to 12-Year Low Below $28 as Iran’s Oil to Swell Glut | Bloomberg
● Taiwan’s New Leader Faces a Weak Economy and China’s Might | NY Times