How many factors influence the equity market’s performance through time? It’s a long and variable list and no one’s ever sure about the exact inventory in real time, except for Mr. Market, who never speaks on such things. But through the process of reverse engineering we can guesstimate what’s relevant, and what’s not. Among the factors that deserve to be on the short list: the ebb and flow of the US dollar.
* Biden meets with Mexican president and discusses migration crisis at border
* Nearly half of national security experts see risk of Russia collapse in next decade
* US consumers extend historic increase in credit in November
* Small business sentiment index falls in December, near 10-year low
* McCarthy’s concessions raise fears of potential default, government shutdown
* US banking giants are expected to report shrinking profits
* Consumer inflation expectations fall again in December via NY Fed survey: