* US government shutdown risk in focus for September 30
* Over half (56%) of US employees say they use AI at work, survey finds
* US mortgage applications fall to lowest level since 1996
* Tech CEOs tell US senators it’s time to regulate AI
* Will Google antitrust trial lead to major changes for tech industry?
* Business inflation expectations unchanged at 2.5% in Sep: Atlanta Fed
* US consumer inflation rebounds in August to 3.7% annual rate:
Despite the pickup in the annual rate of US headline consumer inflation in August, the core rate of CPI suggests that the disinflation trend in recent history is intact. Core CPI, which is considered a more reliable measure of the trend, continued falling last month for the year-over-year change. The 3-month annualized pace of core CPI fell even more, implying that disinflation is set to continue in the near term.