Stocks in emerging markets continued to lead the major asset classes in January as the top monthly performer.
* Biden invites Republican senators to White House for relief talks
* Myanmar’s military seizes power and detains civilian leader Aung San Suu Kyi
* Russia arrests thousands amid protests over jailed opposition leader Navalny
* Reddit investor mania turns to precious metals
* China’s economy expected to overtake US earlier than previously forecast
* China manufacturing growth slowed, sliding to 7-month low in Jan
* Eurozone manufacturing growth remained “resilient” in January
* UK manufacturing growth slowed to 3-month low in January
* US Consumer Sentiment Index stabilized in January via slight decline
* Chicago region factory activity continued rising at strong pace in January
* How might US cryptocurrency regulation change with the Biden administration?
* US pending home sales fell in December–fourth straight monthly decline
* US consumer spending fell for a second month in December: