Global markets posted a mixed run in last week’s trading, but the general trend continues to skew negative, based on a set of proxy ETFs through Friday’s close (Oct. 7).
* Russia launches wave of missile strikes across Ukraine
* This week’s consumer inflation report for September is in focus
* US adds more restrictions on sales of computer chip technology to China
* Will the Fed-engineered economic slide be deeper than necessary?
* Treasury Sec. Yellen: oil production cuts are a threat to global economy
* Resilient labor market suggests Fed’s inflation-fighting policies will persist
* Fed Governor Christopher Waller says housing correction could deepen
* Core inflation still rising, says chief economic adviser at Allianz
* US payrolls rise a solid 263,000 in September: