Inflation appears to be rolling over and markets are starting to consider the possibility that the Federal Reserve’s hawkish monetary policy will soon start to ease. But the critical question of how quickly inflation pressure softens leaves more than a trivial amount of uncertainty to ponder.
* Warnock defeats Walker, giving Dems 51-49 majority in Senate
* China is dismantling its zero-Covid policy
* Will Biden’s green agenda start a new trade war?
* US vows to ramp up natural gas supplies to Britain
* Can Germany avoid recession with a resilient industrial sector?
* Taiwan’s computer chip giant TSMC will triple investment in US plan
* Crude oil (US WTI benchmark) falls to one-year low: