* US government shutdown risk in focus as House returns today
* US sets record in 2023 for weather disasters that cost $1 billion-plus
* US consumers worry about access to credit: NY Fed survey
* Central banks look set to keep rates elevated to tame inflation
* Change in policy at Bank of Japan could be factor in pushing up US yields
* US household wealth rises to record $154.3 trillion in Q2
* US small business optimism ticks lower in August, holding near decade low:
Driven in part by rising US-China tensions, Mexico has become the biggest supplier of goods to America recently. “The new Cold War is a business opportunity, and Mexico looks better placed than almost any other country to seize it,” Bloomberg reports.