Commodities continue to benefit from ongoing worries about inflation and real-time reports of price hikes for basic materials.
Today’s post rolls out the inaugural Risk Review column for the major asset classes, a monthly update that’s the companion piece to the monthly performance report and risk-premia estimates. Readers can use this trio for a quick summary of historical and expected return and how that compares with several measures of risk.
* Rates may need to rise to prevent overheating US economy, says Treasury Sec.
* Supply shortages, logistical logjams may force firms to raise prices
* Covid deaths in India may double in weeks ahead, forecasters warn
* Eurozone growth continued to strengthen in April via PMI survey data
* Birthrate in US declined to another record low in 2020
* US factory orders rebounded sharply in March
* US trade deficit surged to record in March
* US gasoline price approaching seven-year high: