The US Consumer Price Index surged in April, topping estimates by a wide margin. The question is whether this is the start of an inflationary wave or just the latest run of noise?
* Deadly conflict continues between Israel and Palestinian militants in Gaza
* Colonial Pipeline restarts operations after ransomware attack closed system
* GOP Senate Leader: ‘good chance’ of deal with Biden on infrastructure
* US budget deficit jumps to record $1.9 trillion in first seven months of fiscal year
* Tesla CEO Elon Musk: car maker stops accepting bitcoin for car purchases
* Atlanta Fed business inflation expectations continue to rise in May
* How long does ‘transitory’ inflation last?
* US consumer inflation surged in April — 4.2% annual rate is highest since 2008: