Does your bond allocation need more diversification? The question comes to mind in a year when many of the usual suspects in fixed income are nursing losses.
The recent slowdown in the outlook for third-quarter growth deepened recently, based on a set of nowcasts. The Oct. 28 release from the Bureau of Economic Analysis is still on track to post a moderate gain, but today’s update for the nowcast reflects a steep downgrade from the previous estimate.
* Fed Chair Powell’s inflation metrics raise doubts about transitory forecast
* US 10-year Treasury yield rises to 1.67% on Tuesday — highest since May
* Has China become uninvestable? Milken conference guests debate the question
* UN report expected to forecast that fossil fuel producers set to ramp up output
* Can carbon-sucking fans help the world reach net-zero emissions?
* Multiple factors driving labor shortage that’s slowing US recovery
* German producer prices increase at fastest annual pace in more than 46 years
* US housing starts fell in September vs. expectations for moderate rise: