Economists expect that US consumer inflation will continue to tick higher in tomorrow’s December report (scheduled for Wed., Jan. 12). Meanwhile, the Federal Reserve continues to offer increasingly hawkish commentary (on the margins) as the market prepares for one or more interest-rate hikes this year.
* US Covid-19 cases surge to 1.35 million in a day, a new record
* Pfizer’s omicron vaccine will be ready in March, says CEO
* Fed Chair Powell pledges to control inflation
* Inflation cited as biggest problem since 1981, say small business owners
* Supply of government bonds set to swell in 2022
* N. Korea fires second test missile in six days, says S. Korea
* Bank stocks (KBE) continue to rise as outlook for higher interest rates resonates: