The US economy remains on track to post a sharp rebound in the fourth-quarter GDP report that’s scheduled for Jan. 27. The momentum, however, is expected to slow in early 2022 amid stronger macro headwinds.
* Global economic growth will slow in 2022 vs. last year, World Bank predicts
* Fed Chair Powell tells Senators inflation is ‘severe threat’ to jobs
* Omicron may be peaking in the US and UK?
* US economy no longer needs aggressive stimulus, says Fed’s Powell
* Central banks are the main risk factor for global economy in 2022
* Russia keeps West guessing on Ukraine–and that’s the goal
* Debt-fueled spending is making a comeback for US consumers
* China inflation moderated in December
* Eurozone industrial output rose in November despite supply-chain bottlenecks
* US real yield for 10-year inflation-indexed Treasury rises to 9-month high: