Global markets surged in November—except for commodities, which posted the only decline among the major asset classes last month, based on a set of ETF proxies.
* Israel resumes war in Gaza after week-long truce expires
* Pressure rises to phase out fossil fuels at climate summit in Dubai
* Fed officials remain cautious on talking about rate cuts
* 60/40 stock/bond portfolio benchmark set for best monthly return in 3 years
* US jobless claims edge higher as continuing claims at 2-year high
* Chicago PMI rises to 17-month high in November, signaling expansion
* US consumer spending and inflation cooled in October: