With just three weeks left to the year, nearly all corners of global markets are on track to post gains for 2023, based on a set of index ETFs. The US stock market is still leading the field by a wide margin. Meanwhile, commodities are the downside outlier.
* No change in rates expected for Wednesday’s Fed meeting, but…
* Central bank’s comments on possible future actions will be in focus
* OPEC losing control of oil market as US production offsets cuts
* China’s deflation is deepening as consumer prices fall at fastest rate in 3 years
* FDA approves gene-editing therapy for sickle cell disease
* US Consumer Sentiment Index rebounds in Dec, reversing recent declines: