In a week of mostly lower prices for the major asset classes, a broad measure of commodities bucked the trend with a solid gain, based on a set of ETFs for the trading week ended Friday, Sep. 24.
* House will vote this week on infrastructure bill approved by Senate
* Germany’s center-left party claims narrow win over Merkel’s party
* Is risk rising for a US debt default?
* Nomura’s chief China economist cuts forecast for Chinese GDP growth this year
* China may now be the biggest risk factor for emerging markets
* New US home sales rose for a second straight month in August
* Conditions may now be favorable for rising yields
* US 10-year Treasury rebounds to 1.47%, near three-month high: