If you hold a diversified portfolio of world stocks and give China more than a trivial weight, you’re feeling the pinch this year. Shares in the world’s second-largest economy continue to tumble, exacerbated in recent days by the liquidity crisis in Evergrande, a large Chinese property developer with a deepening liquidity crisis that’s roiling global markets lately.
* Delta variant prevents a full recovery for the US economy
* Dems see risk of implosion for Biden’s domestic agenda
* World leaders return to UN after two years, facing multiple crises
* Canada’s Prime Minister wins re-election but without majority in parliament
* Rising Haitian migrants at US border is new challenge for White House
* US death toll for Covid-19 exceeds 1918 flu fatalities
* Higher inflation is risk for global economy, OECD warns
* Evergrande crisis in China isn’t expected to be another Lehman moment
* Will Evergrande be able to pay bond interest this week?
* China may accelerate military efforts in response to U.S.-Australia sub deal
* US homebuilder sentiment increases in September–first gain in three months: