- Losses dominated global markets this week
- All our portfolio strategy benchmarks posted weekly losses
Are the chickens coming home to roost? Maybe, but roosting speculation has been a popular sport for years and, so far, to no avail. It’s not obvious it’s different this time, although eventually it will be. Meantime, there’s plenty of red ink to ponder this week as declines weighed on most of the major asset classes.
continue reading at The ETF Portfolio Strategist
A new survey finds a majority of economists expecting that the Federal Reserve will begin raising interest rates sometime next year to combat inflation. Maybe, but the 10-year Treasury yield’s recent trend still reflects a flat to downside bias.
* President Biden expands vaccine mandate to combat the pandemic
* Biden’s vaccine mandate is also an effort to support the economy
* US businesses have questions, concerns over new vaccine mandate
* Biden calls China President Xi amid rising tensions between countries
* New survey of economists sees rate hikes in 2022 to counter inflation
* China selling some of its strategic oil reserve in a bid to lower prices
* Two Fed presidents sell stocks to address ethics concerns
* UK economic growth stalled in July, GDP data shows
* US jobless claims continued falling last week, dropping to new pandemic low: