Is it risk-on again for emerging markets? It’s an intriguing question that resonates a bit more these days, courtesy of rallies in several of the leading EM nations.
The winning streak for American shares rolled on in August. US stocks rose for a seventh straight month and posted the strongest gain for the major asset classes.
* Assessing the shift in global power relations in wake of US exit from Afghanistan
* China mfg sector posts slight decline in Aug–first drop in 1-1/2 years
* OPEC+ lifts forecast for oil demand in 2022
* India’s economy rebounded at record rate in second quarter
* German retail sales fell far more than expected in July
* US home prices post record gain in June
* Chicago PMI pulls back to 2-month low in Aug, but still reflects strong growth
* Is the stock market immune to bad news?
* US Consumer Confidence Index fell in August to six-month low: