Goldman Sachs cut its forecast for US economic growth in this year’s second half, citing slower activity in the services sector and the potential headwind from the spread of the Covid-19 Delta variant. Managing growth expectations down aligns with a new metric developed by CapitalSpectator.com: the US Macro Trend Index (MTI).
* Tense US-China meeting ends on Monday between high-level officials
* Will the Fed’s light touch with inflation management work?
* US real yields fall to record lows
* Survey data suggest inflation is peaking
* Goldman Sachs cuts US growth outlook for 2H:2021
* Stocks in emerging markets fall into the red for 2021
* S. Korea’s economy expands at fastest pace in a decade in Q2
* Tesla’s quarterly profit surges to record high
* New US home sales continued falling in June; lowest since April 2020: