Energy is still the only game in town for strong upside momentum in the US equity sector this year. Or perhaps a better way to explain the 2022 horse race to date: extreme divergence in favor of energy shares rolls on, based on a set of sector ETFs through Tuesday’s close (May 3).
* European Union calls for gradual ban on Russian oil in new set of sanctions
* World’s second-largest fertilizer producer may be sanctioned by European Union
* Another N. Korean missile launch raises tension in Asia
* Federal Reserve expected to raise its policy rate by 50 basis points today
* Can the Fed tame inflation gently without causing a recession?
* Bank of England confronts what some are calling an inflationary spiral
* Guggenheim Partners CIO: interest rates could ‘trend higher for a generation’
* Beijing restricts public transport as Covid-19 spreads
* German exports fell sharply in March–first hard data on Ukraine-war blowback
* US factory orders rose sharply in March, beating estimates by wide margin
* US job openings in March rose to a series high: