Markets move in waves and it’s valuable to keep an eye on the big-picture ebbs and flows for context with portfolio rebalancing, adjusting risk exposure and much more. There are several ways to track these broad moves. One of the more useful methodologies is watching the ratio of prices for a given investment theme.
* Will the US-led effort to cripple Russia’s oil industry work?
* EU says it will burn more coal to reduce use of Russian gas
* Global economic outlook is ‘challenging and uncertain,’ says US Treasury Sec.
* ‘Dangerous situations forming over Taiwan, China warns US
* Scarcity of goods creating new fault line for global economy
* Earnings warnings from retailers weigh on US stocks
* Nearly 60% of CEOs expect a US recession in near future
* Fear of US recession risk is overdone, says ING’s cief international economist
* US home-building cooled in April and permits fell to a five-month low: