After weeks of widespread losses, markets around the world were mostly higher for the trading week through Friday, May 20, based on a set of ETFs. The main exceptions: stocks and real estate investment trusts in the US, which posted substantial weekly declines.
* Biden says US would intervene militarily if China attacks Taiwan, but…
* White House walks backs Biden’s comments on US defense of Taiwan
* US announces major economic deal for Asia to counter China
* Why is Turkey blocking Finland and Sweden’s bid to join NATO?
* Shadow banks are a growing threat to global economy
* US economy in ‘transition’, says White House economic adviser
* Treasury yields stabilize as demand for bonds revives amid economic concerns
* Is the dot-com crash of the early 2000s repeating?
* The age of borderless data is fading
* US Q2 GDP still on track for rebound via Atlanta Fed’s GDPNow estimate: