For the first time in 11 months, the US Treasury 10-year yield is above CapitalSpectator.com’s fair-value model estimate of the benchmark rate. That doesn’t ensure that the 10-year yield will stop rising, of course, but it provides a new talking point for considering why this key rate’s upward bias may moderate or even reverse in the near term.
* Finland’s prime minister and persident announce support for joining NATO
* Will a prolonged Ukraine war and its economic fallout strain Western resolve?
* China’s economic slowdown is creating headwinds around the world
* China sticks with costly ‘zero Covid’ policy despite economic costs
* UK economy contracts in March as consumers reduce spending
* Bitcoin tumble continues, falling below $27,000 in early Thursday trading
* US annual consumer inflation eases in April but still near 40-year high: