Recession forecasts are topical lately, driven by the recent inversion of the Treasury yield curve for 2- and 10-year rates. But some economists see a strong labor market as a key factor that will keep the expansion alive.
* US stops Russian government from paying holders of its sovereign deb
* Ukraine war boosts shift to renewable energy as fossil fuel demand rises
* Recession forecasts are on the rise, but the economy is strong
* US jobs market is tightest since World War II, estimates Goldman Sachs
* China’s struggle with surging Covid-19 cases focuses on Shanghai
* Eurozone growth was strong in March as inflation surged
* US factory orders fell in February–first monthly loss since April 2021: