The argument that bitcoin (BTC) is money faces an uphill battle. It’s hard to spend in the real world and its value is highly volatile. That doesn’t stop some advocates of the cryptocurrency from insisting that BTC is coin of the realm. If so, it’s not obvious by running correlation analytics on BTC against several conventional asset classes.
* Putin says peace talks with Ukraine are at dead
* Will modest rate hikes tame inflation? Think again, says top Fed official
* Inflation wave starting to reach Asia
* China Covid lockdowns risk triggering new global supply-chain problems
* US Inflation Savings Bonds set to yield above 9%
* Small business optimism index falls to lowest in nearly two years in March
* US consumer inflation up more than expected in March, up 8.5% from year ago: