Headwinds are building for the US economy, stoking forecasts that recession risk is rising. The labor market, however, remains resilient, suggesting that the economy will continue to expand for the near term.
* Powell says 1/2 percent rate hike in May is “on the table”
* Eurozone growth accelerates in April, PMI survey data shows
* Will French presidential election on Sunday roil US-led policy on Ukraine?
* Florida passes bill to end Disney’s special self-governing status
* China’s zero-covid strategy triggers capital flight from country’s financial markets
* Philly Fed Mfg Index eased in April but continues to reflect growth
* Jobless claims in US continue to hold near 50-year low
* US Leading Economic Index points to economic growth through 2022: