We’ve been here before. In the spring of 2023, the bond market rallied sharply, effectively forecasting a rate cut by the Federal Reserve. But the punt turned to tears as the Federal Reserve continued raising interest rates, causing bond prices to sink and yields to spike.
* Fed can delay rate cuts due to strong economy: Minneapolis Fed President
* Global growth edges up to 7-month high in January via PMI survey data
* Are China’s efforts to curb stock market rout too little too late?
* US Treasury officials head to China to discuss policy
* US bond yield looks unattractive relative to stock market’s earning yield
* ISM Services Index rebounds more than expected in January: