It’s lonely at the top. American shares are posting strong year-to-date results in 2024. Granted, it’s only early February. But the striking distance between the gain in US stocks vs. the rest of the major asset classes is still striking, based on ETF proxies through Tuesday’s close (Feb. 6).
* US bills on border security, Ukraine and Israel aid falters amid GOP dysfunction
* S&P 500 Q4 earnings reported to date (about 2/3 of firms) beat expectations
* Credit card debt in US rises to new high in Q4 as delinquencies surge
* BP reports 2nd highest profit in decade, joining strong results for oil majors
* World’s largest chipmaker will build a second factory in Japan
* NY Community Bancorp downgraded to junk, sparking fears for regional banks: