Modest gains in some corners of fixed income contrast with sharp losses elsewhere for year-to-date results with the broadly defined US bond market, based on a set of ETFs through Friday’s close (Feb. 9).
* US recession risk may be fading, but political risk is rising, warn economists
* Inflation, earnings and retail sales are in focus for this week’s data updates
* US Q1 GDP nowcasts via Fed banks (NY and Atlanta) indicate 3%-plus growth
* Several valuation metrics suggest US stocks are becoming relatively pricey
* Estimates of neutral rate imply Fed policy is highly restrictive
* Empty office space is increasingly catching Wall Street’s attention
* Policy-sensitive US 2-year Treasury yield rises to two-month high: