It was hard to lose money last week as global markets rose across the board for trading through April 16, based on a set of exchange traded funds. Led by foreign and US real estate shares, all the major asset classes advanced over the previous week’s closing prices.
* More than half US adults received at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine
* Arms race heating up on Korean peninsula
* Investors focus on inflation concerns as earnings reports roll in
* Can hiring keep up with the accelerating economic rebound?
* China’s central bank calls bitcoin an ‘investment alternative’
* Global consumers stockpile extra $5.4tn of savings during pandemic:
* New housing construction in US reached 15-year high in March
* US Consumer Sentiment Index rises to one-year high in April: