It seems like ages ago that the US government flirted with a shutdown, but it was only this past spring when Washington danced on the precipice. A repeat performance is again approaching as political dysfunction in Congress leads to another game of chicken with a Sep. 30 deadline for passing a spending bill.
* GOP infighting is driving the government toward a shutdown on Sep. 30
* Fed expected to leave interest rates unchanged at today’s FOMC meeting
* China’s demand for oil may peak by end of the decade
* Biden’s manufacturing agenda threatened by auto workers’ strike
* Disinflation denial is easily refuted with a careful review of the data
* US housing starts fall to 3-year low in August as building permits rise: