Fixed-income investors looking for interest-rate cuts from the Federal Reserve are still waiting, but that hasn’t stopped low-rated bonds from posting strong gains in 2023.
* House Republicans outline to avert government shutdown
* Federal Reserve leaves interest rates unchanged at 5.25%-5.50% target range
* Fed’s Powell says soft economic landing is ‘primary objective’
* Fed signals interest rates may stay higher for longer
* Policy-sensitive 2-year Treasury yield rises to highest level since 2006
* Hedge funds increase bets that oil prices will soon pass $100 a barrel
* Fed funds futures lean toward rate-hike pause in upcoming FOMC meetings: