The collective wisdom of the bond market for much of this year has been betting that interest rates would soon peak and fall. But those bets appear to be unwinding in the wake of Wednesday’s Federal Reserve meeting and press conference.
* US government remains on path to Sep. 30 shutdown amid GOP disarray
* Eurozone economy continues to contract in September: PMI survey data
* US existing home sales slide to 7-month low in August
* US Leading Economic Index in August “continue to signal recession ahead”
* Manufacturing activity in Philadelphia area contracted in September
* US jobless claims fell last week to lowest level since January: