The recent slide in the bond market has been granted a reprieve over the last two months. Interest rates have retreated in recent weeks, which has lifted bond prices. The challenge is deciding if this is noise or the start of an extended run higher for fixed-income securities.
* Change in Israel’s leadership creates new diplomatic opportunities with US
* Will Fed signal earlier-than-expected rate hikes at this week’s policy meeting?
* Retail group asks White House to address congestion at ports
* Housing markets around the world flash bubble-warning signs
* Will lingering job losses from pandemic keep inflation contained?
* Senate GOP leader pledges to block any Biden Supreme Court nominee
* Airbus-Boeing trade dispute between US and EU set to end after 17 years
* US stocks close at record high for third trading day in a row: