We’ve been here before, but after Wednesday’s decision by the Federal Reserve to leave interest rates unchanged, along with comments from Fed Chairman Jerome Powell, investors are wondering anew if the policy tightening regime has peaked.
* Oil chokepoint–Strait of Hormuz–in focus as Israel-Hamas conflict persists
* Crypto king Sam Bankman-Fried found guilty of fraud in FTX collapse
* Global manufacturing activity contracts for fifth straight month in October
* Bullish stock market sentiment drops for third week to lowest level since May
* US jobless claims, while still low, rise for sixth week
* US factory orders rose sharply in September, well ahead of expectations: