Investors are increasing their collective bets that the Federal Reserve will soon start cutting interest rates – a bet that went into overdrive this week and ignited the strongest rally in bonds in 40 years.
* Here are the conditions that would foster rate cuts in 2024
* US bonds on track for best monthly performance since 1985
* US mortgage rates fell last week for the fourth time in five weeks
* China factory activity falls for second month in November
* Eurozone inflation decelerates more than expected in November
* US Q3 GDP revised up to +5.2% seasonally adjusted annual rate: