The recession that was widely predicted when the year began has only been postponed, some forecasters warn. The US is likely to contract at some point in the new year, runs the updated outlook. Maybe, but 2023 remains on track to exit this year in a growth mode, according to the latest nowcasts.
* Will emerging markets rally in 2024 if interest rates peak?
* US liquidity is rebounding, providing support for stock market
* US gasoline prices fall for 60 straight days
* Sticky US core inflation will keep rates high, economists predict
* US median price for new houses sold fell 17.6% in Oct–deepest slide on record: