Animal spirits are reviving after US shares rallied for a third straight week, fueled by renewed speculation that the Federal Reserve’s rate hikes are done and cuts are near.
* Microsoft hires Sam Altman, ousted CEO of OpenAI, creator of ChatGPT
* Radical libertarian populist Javier Milei elected president of Argentina
* Positive earnings surprises have fueled stock market rally, says strategist
* Strong labor market is why US avoids recession after rate hikes
* Foreign demand for US Treasuries slides as supply rises
* US housing starts rise for second month in October
* OPEC+ considers further oil production cuts as price sags: