US economic activity in the fourth quarter remains set for a sharp slowdown vs. Q3, but the pace of expected growth has strengthened recently, based on updated nowcasts.
* Five key takeaways from Biden-Xi meeting
* US will avoid gov’t shutdown as Senate sends funding bill to Biden
* Wholesale prices in US fell 0.5% in October–biggest drop since April 2020
* NY Fed Mfg Index: regional business activity grew “modestly” in November
* Business inflation expectations steady at 2.5% in November
* US retail sales fell in October–first monthly decline since March: